Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

My Blackbox isn't connecting

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by Nuonaton, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Nuonaton

Nuonaton New
    Builder

No screenshot to post since it wouldn't be much help anyway, just goes through the detecting firmware and then closes the port. Unplugged everything including power and it still won't connect. Pulled the top off to make sure nothing had made it inside, just dust so I blew that out with a duster. Decided to attempt a flash, flash fails. Opening it up in usb devices it lists as FT232R USB UART. IF i plug power in, the fan starts and the light is white, but no other lights or activity. I'm thinking it died at this point. Anything else I can try? Muscle board is v2. 7 and brain is 2.8 if that helps

#1 Nuonaton, Sep 26, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
  2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. Nuonaton

Nuonaton New
    Builder

I've been through the list and repeated to be sure I didn't screw up. I got my machine used, So I have no idea how old the BlackBox actually is, or what it may have been put through before me. I'm considering pulling the brain and seeing if it will connect with no muscle attached.

4. Nuonaton

Nuonaton New
    Builder

Okay, I've been through everything twice, so now going through PC diagnostic. there is a kernel error so fixing that, then going to update and restart. looks like a driver is needed. but, the cnc was working perfectly last night. and I can find no changes.