Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Multiple "control" is shown on windows task manager?

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by Lyle Landstrom, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Lyle Landstrom

Builder

Ok, While trying to figure out why my router seems to stop, pause, and then go again while running a simple design using Control, and why the 3D window seems to lag behind where the tool actually is, I tried looking at what else my computer is doing and noticed 4 OpenbuildsControl are running at the same time. all the same version. I only opened it once. Then closed out and tried again only to discover the same thing. Is this normal?
    Any ideas?

2. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

That's normal.

Does your code have a bunch of small arc moves in it? What OS/System are you running it on?

3. Lyle Landstrom

Builder

Could be. What I was cutting was a revised design which I had to explode, edit, then link back together again. I just thought it was weird.
    But what's with the several different Openbuildscontrol.exe on the taskmanager's list that are all running at the same time?

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

"Multithreading" - backend, UI, Renderer, etc spawns multiple threads to multitask better. Most of them are Idle, the backend one will be busy streaming gcode to Grbl, the UI one will be busy showing you whats going on. Renderer thread creates the 3D view (but sits idle until you load the next file) etc

Depends how far, there is of course a delay from when Grbl moves tool, to when we get feedback data, worked it, parsed it, showed it up in the UI etc - so there is a delay of say half a second at most

#4 Peter Van Der Walt, Feb 10, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    sharmstr likes this.