Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Multi-z for LEAD CNC1010

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Allegra, Apr 29, 2024.

1. Allegra

Allegra New
    Builder

Hello! I'm interested in buying a LEAD CNC 1010 AND I'm thinking about the potentiality of a Multi-z.
    For my necessity, a 1010 would be more than enough, but a multi-z would make my workflow much better. According to measurements, a 2-z should theoretically fit. But I don't see any info about this anywhere. What do you say? Should I go for a 1015 only for this?
    If so, is it possible to upgrage a 1010 to a 1015 later on?

Best,
    Allegra

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

I'd say get the LEAD1515. While a 1010 covers your current needs, you'll soon find work for the larger bed!
    Modifications are possible, but often a lot of effort and trial and error (the 1010 differs quite a bit from the 1515 - dual X rails, totally different Z axis - moving carriage vs moving beam etc)

3. Allegra

Allegra New
    Builder

Okay! Thank you (and for the fast answer)! I'm trying to navigate all the information as much as possible.
    I see the italian reseller Openbuildsitalia.com sells a 1510 version but here doesn't exist. Why is it the case?

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Check with the store via Support > New Ticket for a list of official resellers and more info on reseller's versions of core machine designs.