Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Modified 1010 to 1510

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Mark R, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Mark R

Mark R New
    Builder

Hi gang
    Need some help please. i have modified my open builds CNC from 1010 to a 1510. how do i modify the open builds software to show this mod or can I even? Anyone with Vectric can this be done to show when saving files to Usb or computer as a open build 1510 instead of a 1010 or does it even matter?
    any help appreciated.

Thank You Mark

2. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

I have never loaded a machine profile into Vectric Vcarve. I do not think it is required. I just played with it and it seems you can enter what you want. I just left mine at the default "desktop".
    upload_2024-2-16_18-32-0.png

Mark R likes this.
  3. Mark R

Mark R New
    Builder

What about the open builds software ?

4. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team

@Mark R There are two ways. 1st, you can go into OpenBuilds CAM (If that is what you are asking about) and put in your own custom dimensions. However, you need to know the number. Home the machine then jog all the way down the X axis to the end and write that number down. Then do the same with the Y. I have not done this in years, but the numbers will most likely be negative, so just ignore the negative sign.

Then Open up OpenBuilds CAM, go into the settings, and pick a machine. Then enter those custom dimensions you obtained. The Workbee 1510 will get you close. Enter your numbers in the spots I marked with blue arrows.

upload_2024-2-20_16-53-46.png

Or, since you know it is a LEAD machine 1000mm wide, use the 1010 for the width numbers - X axis. It is 730 mm:

upload_2024-2-20_16-51-41.png

Then enter the Y axis numbers from the 1515 for your Y. It is 1250mm.

upload_2024-2-20_16-56-17.png

The Z will depend on how many cross beams you have? Is it like the 1010, 0r the 1515?

Mark R likes this.
  5. Allan S. Edford

Builder

Thanks very appropriate for my issue
    Another question Does OpenBuilds Control/Cam have the capability to define the cutter path profile cut
    inside, outside , on path ( inside -vital for maintaining hole diameter size/tolerance while the line path - separate path needs to be outside or on path ) and where in the program software would that be located )

Mark R likes this.
  6. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team

I believe you have to select a vector (click on it) and then those options are available.

7. Allan S. Edford

Builder

Thanks Did a simple trial works great !

Load a more complex dxf file I had - I think the gcode generation went wild !!
    However, I'm not goiing to re engineer that one -I'll can it see attached
    CAM seems to be limited when creating a file in a new workspace I see rectangles, circles , text
    no points , no lines etc Are they more ribbons or workflow items to ctreate with that I'm missing

Attached Files:

8. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team