Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Missing Parts in Order

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by John Ortiz, Aug 10, 2021.

1. John Ortiz

Builder

Man i dont know how I can reach out to openbuilds to ask for 3 hex m3 stand offs for the power supply bundle I was shorted. The way the thing is to be put together it needs the stand offs to bring the face plate together. I could 3d print a stand off but from the last 3 power supply bundles I've gotten they use a plastic stand off since there are some soldered points on the nut side.
    I don't have or partake in social medias other than YouTube, I left a comment over there, no luck, emailed openbuilds on Friday when I got the thing and I haven't received a confirmation.
    Hopefully this can reach out. Y'alls customer support isnt the greatest. I've bought a lot of stuff from openbuilds and haven't had an issue with anything, solid goods.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Best to contact the store directly by opening a ticket on support.openbuilds.com

3. John Ortiz

Builder

Thanks for getting back, I submitted a ticket on friday, included a picture as well. Maybe I did it wrong or something because I didnt get a confirmation email. Just trying to figure out if I can get those three standoffs and nuts from you folks or if I'm stuck out and gotta order my own, either way is cool but would be neat to be able to have that question answered.

Tim Percy likes this.
  4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team

Check your Spam folder too, store usually replies within minutes. They probably will send out the missing parts too - we are quite known for our excellent service.

John Ortiz likes this.
  5. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team

Hi John, I know that there has been mention of email hiccups that have happened during the move that may be causing this to happen, it should be sorted soon.
    In the mean time these spacers should be on the way to you and we appoligize that they were missed in the order.
    Thank you

John Ortiz likes this.
  6. John Ortiz

Builder

Thanks guys, it sure was in my spam folder emails, I spoke in ignorance, sorry guys! Thanks for getting back to me so quick here.

7. Dennis Bansgopaul

Builder

after searching every corner of the workshop and all the bags I am also missing the m3 hex nuts for the power supply from my order, as well as 3 of the m5 bolts for the gantry assembly.
    I am thinking about using a nut and bolt with a spacer.
    Would this work until i am able to buy the hex nuts?

8. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team

Reach out to the Parts store and they will help you out (support.openbuilds.com). As for a temporary fix, I am not sure which M5 bolts you are referring to using with a nut and a spacer, but it should work, unless it sticks out and blocks something.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.