Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Mini Mill build and Xtension limit switch European suppiler.

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Nick clarke, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Nick clarke

Builder

Hi folks, this is my first post here. I am in the throes of building an Openbuilds Mini MIll, the job is looking good so far, all the mechanical parts are assembled, next job is the electrics. I plan on using a Duet 2 Wi Fi board, I have onbe on my Ox router and they are brilliant, especially with the Paneldue touch screen. I am having the devils own job sourcing the Openbuilds Xtension limit switches in Europe, does anyone know of a supplier? if I order from USA the shipping is more than the cost of the parts plus I will be hit with UK import taxes and handling charges. I am pleased with the build so far and look forward to seeing it cut metal. I am hoping it will cope with aluminium, gunmetal ( a soft form of bronze) thin brass sheet and malleable cast iron, although I think I will be pushing it a bit with the cast iron!. Here are a few pictures of the build so far.... Loooking good...JPG Mechanical build, done..JPG Loooking good...JPG Mechanical build, done..JPG Rear view....JPG X and Y.JPG Z accutator.JPG Z accutator2.JPG Z axis....JPG Z parts....JPG

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

http://support.openbuilds.com/support/home will be able to tell you which distributors (official) has stock

3. Nick clarke

Builder

Cheers I have emailed a company in Denmark, so hopefully I will get fixed up soon...