Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Masso PC/Controller

Discussion in 'Concepts and Ideas' started by Michael Alexander, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Michael Alexander

Builder

I have been a wood worker most of my life and wanted try something new. Read a lot of information online and decided to purchase a WorkBee 1010 last December. Bought the base package with upgraded motors and drives but no controller.

Having no experience with wood working CNC's decided to go with a Masso controller. I thought of going the traditional route with a PC based system but I had no extra PC nor a laptop. Decided not to purchase PC or controller board or for that matter software like Mach 3. The Masso Controller took care of all that and more. It was very easy to hook up and the documentation is excellent. It has a lot of functionality built in that I will probably never use.

Assembling the WorkBee and wiring up all the electronics was fairly simple and straight forward. I spent about 2 days on the mechanics and an additional 3 days on the wiring and testing. All of the information I needed to complete the wiring I found on line.

I was planning on using SketchUp but found it to be very cumbersome so I purchased V-Carve Pro. Best move for me because I was able to write my name on a piece of paper with the CNC while still testing and fine tuning the machine.

I am very happy with my WorkBee and the Masso controller and look forward to making lots of stuff.

#1 Michael Alexander, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019