Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Lost the use of Visualizer .

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Dean Webb, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Dean Webb

Dean Webb New
    Builder

Newbie here - 1st post.
    Learning to use my Workbee 750 X1000. Slow and steep learning curve.

I am using Vectric V-Carve Desktop and use the X Pro Controller.
    Have had a couple successful carves, but am still mostly doing air carves until I get more proficient with Cad and Cam set ups. Been getting a lot of error msg's. mostly about exceeding machine limits.
    Z axis was causing most of that problem but also get a few exceeding X & Y limits. I am determined to win on this machine and will keep plugging away until set ups become second nature.

Long story shorter - I was relying on the Visualization function of the UGS Classic G Code program to preview my design before hitting send to help avoid further crashes etc. Also liked to watch the Visualization as it proceeded during carves (air and actual). Tried downloading UGS Classic again - no help.
    Can anyone tell me how to recover the Visualization function?

Could it be that I'm just not creating the design and toolpath properly? My successes have been hit and miss and I'm thinking it's because my design and execution processes are not consistent yet and I'm skipping something along the way.
    Any advice is welcome.
    Thank you,
    D Webb

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

RE the Travel Limits being exceeded:
    Make sure you set your actual move lengths: gnea/grbl for details, or see gnea/grbl to disable Soft Limits

As an alternative to UGS, have you tried OpenBuildsCONTROL OpenBuilds Software