Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Looking for some suggeestions.

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by bjripp, Oct 18, 2019.

1. bjripp

bjripp New
    Builder

I looking for some suggestions on a machine we are building in my engineering class. This is for noncommecial and nonprofit lab.

We are building a pick and place machine that will pick up test samples from one location and place them at a specific distance from testing equipment and then return the sample. Here a quick animation of what I am talking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH9GirNSm10

The gantry and mechanics were already built for us by another team. We need to wire up the stepper motors, controller, and Arduino to make it all work.

My question is, what software configuration would be good for the end users to use? I would like to see a GUI where the user can enter a slot # to pick the sample from and a slot # for the sample to be placed for testing. Then the motion cycle shown in the video would run unatteneded, picking and placing multiple samples throughout a day.

Any info, links, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

sharmstr and bjripp like this.
  3. bjripp

bjripp New
    Builder