Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Looking for direction for GCode render to HTML5 Canvas

Discussion in 'Other Software' started by SeanD, Dec 20, 2020.

1. SeanD

SeanD Well-Known
    Builder

I am looking for an easy way to go through all of my GCode files and see what they actually look like. I want to manage my library a little so that GCode files aren't just a once off use for me. I am always going back to my original Fusion360 file and running the post process again just in case I added some commands to my operations.

I am using GCode files on a CNC router, through an OpenBuilds Blackbox.

I have setup a webserver and am somewhat a programmer but not amazing. I would like to either be able to render a GCode file into something that represents what cuts the machine is going to make or maybe convert a GCode file to PNG so I can see it on my webserver.

I have looked into the Windows thumbnail generator as an alternative but now it is more driving me crazy that I can't find much information already out there. I figure I am missing some knowledge of what to search for, or that it is actually quite basic and I am overthinking it.

ANY help would be appreciated as I feel very lost in my own brain right now.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

SeanD, David the swarfer and sharmstr like this.
  3. SeanD

SeanD Well-Known
    Builder

Thanks mate, I wish they sold your knowledge in bottles. Would be worth a fortune!

Peter Van Der Walt and Giarc like this.