Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Lightburn not powering laser correctly

Discussion in 'Laser Cutters' started by Mark Stephens, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Mark Stephens

Builder

Hello! I just installed a laser onto my LEAD 1010 running thru the Blackbox Controller. While testing in Openbuilds Control, it works just fine. I can click on to power the laser at different power levels and all seems good. When I get out of Control and go into Lightburn I select my machine and am able to jog, etc. correctly. However, when I hit the fire laser button it barely lights the laser up whether it's 1% or the maximum of 20%. It does fire, but it's so faint you can barely see it. I checked the max spindle speed set in the controller, and it's 255. I also checked the max spindle speed in Lightburn, and it's 255. For the life of me, I can't figure out why Control powers it up all the way and Lightburn barely sends a signal. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. Mark Stephens

Builder

Thanks Peter. This is how I set it up in Lightburn. I just wish I knew why the laser won't power more than a faint light in Lightburn but it works great in Control. I can't make sense of it.

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder