Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

LightBurn / Jtech Laser / OB BLACK BOX

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Bug Report' started by blindflight, Jun 3, 2020.

1. blindflight

blindflight Well-Known
    Staff Member Builder Resident Builder

Machine LEAD 1010
    Programs being used: Light burn
    Controller: BLACK BOX
    Laser: Jtech 2.8 Watt & Jtech Driver board

Afternoon, this is the problem I am having. I am using Lightburn for my laser projects and a Jtech laser and I am running the BlackBox. For some reason, when I open up Lightburn the settings for my machine seem to be fighting each other where I cannot jog or even test my laser to fire. If I open just the Open Builds controller , the settings being used are the settings for Lihgtburn and I cannot jog the machine. I have to down load the settings for my LEAD 1010 just to get my machine to jog and use with the router.
    What could be the problem? Or, what would be the order of starting up using the laser in light burn?
    Thanks

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

I would suggest asking about this on the Lightburn forums LightBurn Software Forum - they'd be better to advise on why (and how to stop if it is the case) Lightburn from modifying the Grbl settings

Can you compare the settings between the two and see which fields are changed?
    - Unable to jog sounds like $4=1 (required for BlackBox to work) modified to 0?
    - Laser Mode $32 on/off