Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Leads 1010 machine stops running

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Nitehawkhp, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Nitehawkhp

Builder

Hello,

I am continually having problems with my Leads 1010 machine stopping randomly while trying to surface the spoil board. I am using the code generated in the OpenBuilds control software, under the wizards and tools section, Surfacing/Flattening Wizard.

I have written about this problem in another post but wasn't able to find it. In the previous posting, it was explained that I most likely had an EMI problem, and needed to place a ferrite bead on my router power cord. Since I have a DeWalt 611 router, there was already a ferrite bead included on the power cable. I moved the bead so that it was next to the router, as suggested in the previous posting, and retried to surface my spoil board. However, it made it about 3 passes further, than it did the previous attempt, when it received an "Error 9 - Gcode locked out during alarm or jog state".

At this point I grounded all of the aluminum extrusion to earth ground, in hopes that this would solve the problem. I restarted the surfacing program where the previous error code was received, and watched as it continued surfacing my spoil board. Again, after about 3 passes it received the same error again.

Can someone there at OpenBuilds assist me in troubleshooting this particular error? I don’t know if there could be a problem with my black box controller, or if there are other strange things happening in my environment.

Any help from the experts there at OpenBuilds will be greatly appreciated.

Rod

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Any errors prior to the Lockout? "Locked out" is a symptom of an earlier error.

Something happens (you need that error/alarm code to figure out what is wrong) that puts Grbl into alarmed mode (locked out) which makes subsequent commands error out with error 9. So you'd need to check closer at which error/alarm precedes the Error 9.

Serial Log is a big help with that - copy paste the whole log of a stop event if you need us to check

Also check the serial log for corrupted data, as shown on docs:blackbox:faq-emi [OpenBuilds Documentation] to see if it is EMI

3. Nitehawkhp

Builder

How do I print the serial log?

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Serial log tab, use mouse to select, copy with Ctrl+C :) standard copy paste nothing special

5. Nitehawkhp

Builder

Peter,

I don't see a serial log tab anywhere in the control software. Can you tell me where it's located?

Rod

6. Peter Van Der Walt

There are tabs along the middle of the screen, below the Jog area. 3D view, Serial console (has a big scrolling log above the terminal input) and Macros.

You also get popups on the errors. Just pay attention to which error comes up prior to the Gcode Lockout one

upload_2020-7-15_13-28-9.png

#6 Peter Van Der Walt, Jul 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  7. Isaac J

Isaac J New
    Builder

Hi, I am having the same issue with surfacing the Spoilboard. Basically, the job will run to about 50%, then it will just stop. I can get it to do the next line of Gcode by clicking pause, then resume. I did this repeatedly until it actually finished the job, but why does it just stop sending Gcode? Also, once it has stopped, the position values stop changing. Like when I send the next line of Gcode and it continues along the X-Axis, the position value in the control software stays at whatever it was when it stopped.

I don't see any error message in the serial console, just the Gcode for my program.

8. Peter Van Der Walt

9. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team

this is ALWAYS EMI, static from the vacuum hose is a prime suspect. docs.openbuilds.com has all the info you need to solve it permanently.

10. Isaac J

Isaac J New
    Builder

EMI affecting what, specifically? Like is the EMI getting back into the USB cable and affecting the computer?

11. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team

12. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team

Surfacing the spoil board creates a lot of mdf dust which can produce a lot of static electricity.