Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

LEAD1515 Lead Screw/Nut Block issues

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by bradleyables, May 4, 2022.

1. bradleyables

Builder

I've finally fully assembled my lead1515, while building I noticed some serious tension with the black plastic guides/nutblocks. I could not easily turn the x or y axis by hand. Even threading the leads was not an easy task.

Now that I have power hooked up and using the controller the machine binds up and will not move. I've double checked the grub screws, eccentrics, and motor adapter set screws. So it seems as though this would be the last piece of the puzzle.

What should I do here? I've noticed shavings of the black plastic from trying so I am shutting it down down for now. Should they be replaced? Maybe the print tolerance was off on these? Should I try breaking them in somehow?

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

It will bed in over time, but you can help the initial bedding in by running the nut up and down the leadscrew with a cordless drill chucked onto the leadscrew, and you can add a little dry (PTFE, not oil) lubricant as well. It should loosen up in about 5-10 runs up and down the leadscrew

sharmstr and Alex Chambers like this.
  3. bradleyables

Builder

I'll giver a shot this afternoon. At about 20 if it's still being funky I'll record a vid and post it here. I appreciate it.

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

No need for a video :) - but if you do get stuck - rather talk to support.openbuilds.com (you already seem to have a duplicate ticket there where you can continue the conversation)
    Thanks