Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Lead CNC footprint for enclosure?

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by mavu, Dec 15, 2019.

1. mavu

mavu New
    Builder

Hi,

I have the Lead CNC on order, and want to prepare a nice home for it by building a table.
    The project page says it has a footprint of 40" x 40" (1000mm x 1000mm).

But I want to build the table at the right size to (later) be able to add an enclosure to cut down on dust and noise.
    From the pictures it looks like the above dimensions might be just the base without the overhanging plates and wheels assembly of the gantry (and possibly room for cabling?)

Could someone tell me how big the inside of the enclosure would have to be to fit the Lead CNC 1010?

2. Thomas Wendt

Builder

Technically the footprint on mine is 1025mm x 967mm, but.the stepper motors and other parts are suspended and stick out....45 1/4"" x 45 1/2" is what mine measures at its widest points. My table is 49"x47" and seems to be a good fit.

3. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

And don't forget when designing an enclosure that you will need to get all around your machine at times for adjustment/maintenance.
    Alex.

4. mavu

mavu New
    Builder

I went with a guess of 120cm x 120 cm and that fits surprisingly well.
    I have a 3d-printer and built its enclosure in such a way that I can take all parts off, and have been very happy about that decision several times.