Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

LEAD 1515 Tramming

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Rhett E, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Rhett E

Rhett E Well-Known
    Builder

There doesn't seem to be a video from open builds regarding this and every youtube video makes my head spin. There are three spoil boards on this so I guess I tram to the middle one? Amazon has one of those dual dial indicators for the collet and I'm assuming I just shim accordingly? One video had a piece of glass as the reference point instead of the spoil board which makes more sense. Any tips? I feel like I've been adjusting this thing for three weeks :)

2. JustinTime

JustinTime Veteran
    Builder

What do you mean with 'There are three spoil boards'? Three boards one on top of each other? If it's one next to each other how big is your machine?

I trammed my spindle by putting 1/4" rod into the collet and using a square I checked that the rod is square in both the X and the Y direction. I turned the spindle by hand, while holding the square to the rod, to make sure that the rod/spindle shaft are not out of plumb internally.

3. Chris Mallick

Builder

The LEAD 1515 has a roughly 60”x60” workspace. Made up of (3) 16”x59” panels so that the v channel in the support beams can be used with hold down hardware.