Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Lead 1515 Tramming rocking heavy spindle

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Ted Moyer, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Ted Moyer

Ted Moyer New
    Builder

LEAD 1515 HIGH Z MOD 4KW ER20 7.5 KW VFD

Hey team OB it may have got missed or maybe I should post in a different place. Please see link above and LMK should I post it somewhere else to get help faster or broader audience. I'm wanting to take advantage of the current sale so if I need parts I want to order ASAP. TY

Solutions/questions I have thought of:
    1. Correct me if im wedding but I behind the main stiffness of the system hinges on how much contact and how secure the v wheels are correct?
    2. Adding a 2nd gantry plate with six wheels to the top of Z axis to give more to approximately 25lb 4kw spindle. This would add six more wheels of support.
    3. Incorporating mini wheels into z axis and inside cbeam so there are more wheels of support?
    4. Adding a 2nd gantry plate to the rear of both y axis to give less front and back twist similar to creating a custom plate like older CNC machines where they are wider at the base of the y axis. This would give me 12 more wheels or 8 of contact and another gantry plate worth of support to prevent the front to back rocking.
    5. Same as #4 plus another 20x80 for both y axis all attached with connecting plates of some kind.
    6. Getting rid of the vslot I using to mount the spindle and making a custom plate the size of two XL cbeam gantry plates .
    7. What is the best bank for the buck and adding rigitity etc?
    I've checked all my wheels and the corners connectors are all tight. Thanks in advance!