Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

LEAD 1515 first steps

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Tsch8n, Jun 13, 2024.

1. Tsch8n

Tsch8n New
    Builder

Hi, Im about to buy me that bundle and still digging though that mountain of information. what I didnt found out so far:
    - whats the maximum size (cm) of the plate material that can be placed inside the 1515? And whats the furthest the mill can go then? So whats the biggest netto area that can be worked with?
    - does the panel not to be hold in place so it wont be moving in the process? There are no guides, rails, fences, rulers or something telling me where to put it and fix it at a particular position? How do i make sure the material is in a square angle when I want to cut out parts for furniture for example and include the outer sides of the panel without specifically cut them to the right measure?

Thank you for answering in advance

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Checkout the Travel/Working Area column of docs:machines:comparison [OpenBuilds Documentation]

Yes. Lots of holddown options. We sell T Tracks T-Rail T-Track 500mm and clamps Hold Down Clamp Set in the store too. Also T-Rail Threaded Knob and Bolt Set for mounting jigs and fences etc

Or screw stock down to the spoilboard. Nail it down with composite nails. You can usually. Double sided carpet tape. Or Use CA glue and Bluetape docs:tips:ca-glue [OpenBuilds Documentation] lots of different options, often a different one for each job at hand

Squaring: you can certainly install some fences on your spoilboard, or mill in a grid pattern to help. Use our XYZ Probe to zero accurately off a part corner

3. Tsch8n

Tsch8n New
    Builder

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Can fit a 4ft sheet, but not cut all the way to the edge. This allows some edge to clamp on.
    Can do 8ft length with Vectric Tiling by sliding sheet through