Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Lead 1515 4th Axis

Discussion in 'CNC Lathes' started by Maximilian Zödl, Aug 22, 2024.

1. Maximilian Zödl

Builder

Hey,
    I converted my Lead 1515 cnc to a lathe!

Now i have a few questions:

1. I use VCarve to create the G Code, what postprocessor can i use? I tried Wrap Y2A but Openbuilds Control doesnt recognise it.

2. For now i just use normal GCode which works for now, except i have issued with holes , they get ellipitical, does anyone know why?

That you in advance,
    Max

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

You may need to customize a post, I don't know of a Vectric post that supports A yet (wrapping was more for X/Y wrapping) - but might be better to ask Vectric Support they might have a grblHAL compatible post for you: Contact us〡Vectric

We have a post for Fusion GitHub - OpenBuilds/OpenBuilds-Fusion360-Postprocessor: Post Processor for Fusion 360 for use with OpenBuilds Machines running Grbl 1.1 only at this time (proper 4th axis, not wrapping)

The viewer doesn't preview 4 axes code, but should still run if its compatible with the firmware 3D Viewer - Updates needed (Drill cycles, Rotary, etc) · Issue #278 · OpenBuilds/OpenBuilds-CONTROL

3. Maximilian Zödl

Builder

thank you, the software works fine now!

but i do still have the problem with the oval shaped holes, and i think it may be caused by backlash in my stepper motor. are there any chances to reduce these (increasing current?) or is it maybe a software problem?

4. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

backlash is always mechanical, something loose somewhere.
    a regular oval hole is more lilkely calibration, X or Y is travelling further/less than Y or X.
    but a hole with kinks in it is backlash, caused by the motor turning but not moving that axis after a direction reversal.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.