Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Lead 1010 with high z mod

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by stuart wallace, Dec 31, 2019.

1. stuart wallace

Builder

What would the ideal grbl settings look like for a lead 1010 with the high z mod in the openbuilds software? Thanks!

2. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

They would be the same as the LEAD with the exception of adding more height to the Z axis
    So you could update the grbl settings for the Z max travel ($132) to have 365mm in OpenBuilds CONTROL software other then this all every thing else should be the same.
    Hope this helps
    upload_2019-12-31_18-1-4.png

3. stuart wallace

Builder

Many thanks. I did that and followed the instructions here too. That led me to change this to option 7 as seen in the screenshot.

I did the x, y, and z calibration wizards and everything was looking good. I went back to the hello world video and was about to run the job, when I noticed that your values for x, y, and z were positive and mine were negative (see screenshot). This is at about 8:12 in the video. Do I have something backwards?

thanks a ton
    cheers
    stuart

Attached Files:

#3 stuart wallace, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  4. stuart wallace

Builder

Ok I finally got my hello world done, thanks for the team and forums' patience with another newbie. For whatever reason, though, it just exported hello and the symbol (it left out world). I realized this too late, so my final cut doesn't have 'world.' Not a big deal. I cleared it and re-exported it and it all came in just fine (but I didn't bother to run another job), but that leads me to ask, if I wanted to complete the 'world,' how would I delete the rest of the job that it had already completed? I imagine I'd just have to delete some of the gcode, but I'm not sure what to delete exactly. Thanks for any ideas. Y'all rock.

5. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

In CAM, next to the operations on the right, are little buttons. Hide the ones already done using the eye button, generate gcode. It now only includes the operations that was not hidden

stuart wallace likes this.