Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Lead 1010 Slot Cover Help

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by joshnichols84, Feb 6, 2024.

1. joshnichols84

Builder

Hello!

Brand new to the CNC world and building my first machine. I have been following the YouTube instructions to build my "Lead 1010 Ultimate Bundle."

When attempting to run the LED wire and the Z-axis limit switch wire through the channel, I cannot get the slot cover to "snap" into place as outlined in the video instruction. Has the gauge of wiring changed since the videos were filmed? Is there anything special I should be doing to help facilitate this process?

The videos made it look very simply, but I cannot make this work (and I ask this with knowledge that it could be something very simple that I'm missing, but I spent way too long without success).

2. Rick Cathey

Builder

I had the same problem building my 1010. The wires for all the limit switches are larger than the ones in the original video. There is no way to get the cover on without modifying it. I ended up using snips to cut off the “legs” that are below the step that holds the cover in place. Even after clipping the excess off the cover it was still challenging to get it installed but I did finally get it to fit flush.

3. joshnichols84

Builder

I appreciate that, Rick!

I went ahead with a modification as well, wrapped some tape around the wires, secured them to the outside of the cover, then inserted the cover. So far so good, and doesn’t look too bad (but ultimately, maintains the functionality).

Thanks for replying with your experience!