Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Lead 1010 CNC builds Y plates issue

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by darrepac, May 23, 2020.

1. darrepac

darrepac New
    Builder

Hi

Received this week my LEAC CNC 1010 from Ratrig.com (Openbuilds distributor in EU, I am based in France).
    I am currently stuck in building in the eccentric adjustement on the Y plates stage (34:14 on building video).
    So difficult to get all 4 wheels correct!
    Now after lot of time to try to adjust, I am 80% satisfied with one Y plate (with 1° degre eccentric adjustment it changes from overtight to undertight!) but still have issues with the second one: I arrive to a point where all 4 wheels at the bottom are ok, and the 2 wheels at the top that are near the CBeam too. The 2 other wheels are freewheeling (picture attached)! The overall plate seems quite strong with a minimal play but I guess it is not normal, isn't it?

Attached Files:

2. darrepac

darrepac New
    Builder

I have finished mounting the machine hoping to solve that later. Unfortunately I gave a new try without success. Even if I overtight bottom Wheels, the 2 in the top are freewheeling...
    No one has any hint?

3. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

This is a situation where you need to reach out to Ratrig for resolution. The problem could lie in any of three different places, the plates not being cut to proper tolerances, the wheels not milled to proper tolerances or the rail not extruded to proper tolerances. While the seller does sell some OpenBuilds parts, all the parts you have received may not be OpenBuilds parts and it is incumbent on the seller to verify all the parts supplied mesh together properly. So please reach out to Ratrig for resolution and let us know how it works out.

4. darrepac

darrepac New
    Builder

Hi Rick

I have no problem to contact ratrig (got an issue on a leadscrew and they solved it very fast) but I would to know where the problem is located.
    I checked all 3:
    - Plates is perfectly set at 125mm
    - Rail is measured at 80.2mm (above 80mm means it should be easier to tight)
    - V-Wheel outside diameter are all measured at 24mm or slightly above (spec talk about 23.90mm, so here also I am slightly above so should be easier to tight)

So from the above I do not see neither a problem nor an explanation... am I wrong?

5. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Spacing between the holes in the plate would be more determining than the outside dimensions :)

Rick 2.0 likes this.
  6. darrepac

darrepac New
    Builder

You are right... I was probably just hoping to avoid to dismantle the gantry.
    I did it and check the holes spacing: they are perfectly egal to CAD file

So if in theory everything is fine, it should be fine!

7. darrepac

darrepac New
    Builder

I mounted back everything, mixing things....now I am not 100% satisfied but it is far better than before...