Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Jump off toolpath line

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Pinky, Apr 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Pinky

Pinky New
    Builder

I Have a 1500x1500 ox / openbuilds cnc. Im new to this so thanks in advance... I am running Vcarve desktop. Saving the gcode on the desktop then opening it with openbuilds control to BlackBox. The tool paths seem straight and on some letters like the "N" the last pass it went off, as it seams. it does it on different kinds of wood and some letters? On this project it did it on 2 of the 3 letter "N"s and a little mess up on the A'S also the R and T...

Attached Files:

2. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

your motors are being overcome by the router bits sideways force as it cuts.
    either up the power to the motors or reduce your depth of cut

3. Pinky

Pinky New
    Builder

I turned up the power to the motors no difference. While it was running I did try to move the gantry back and forth and one side moved out of sinc. I checked the power to that motor... then disconnected the motor and was checking the pairs and found that the drive wheel was moving not the shaft the set screws were loose... thank you again.......I thought it was software... l bought it used (only once) I'm learning alot..

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.