Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Issues with the left side of my gantry

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Douglas E Reisinger, Jun 16, 2024.

1. Douglas E Reisinger

Builder

I recently built a Lead1515 machine. First off I see some wobble in the front of the lead screw on the left side. Is this normal? Second issue is the inner set of wheels don't seem to want to tighten up. I can turn the concentric nuts on the bottom and the bottom wheels seems to get snug. but the top wheels spin freely. I even tried to loosen the outer set of wheels but I still cannot get the inner top set of wheels to fit snugly. I thought everything was setup ok when I put that side together. I'm wondering if something is out of square on this side. I also get what seems to be lost steps when moving the Y axis at times. I've followed the steps for tightening the lead screws and it's not too tight. Last night I was mounting a board down to do a test cut. I was moving the axis closer to the front left of the machine and when i got close to the front the left side of the machine stopped and it threw the x axis out of square. I've tried adjusting everything again, the tightening nut on the font of the screw, the wheels adjustments and I even loosened the plastic lead screw blocks thinking they were tightened too much. What else can I check before I pull the left side of the machine apart and re-align everything.
    TIA

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

As @Peter Van Der Walt said, wiring on that motor is the first thing I would check.
    Re V-wheels you have a little adjustment with the play in the holes the screws for the wheels go through. Try loosening the eccentrics, loosen the screw holding a loose upper wheel, press it firmly against the V-slot and re tighten. Then adjust the eccentric.

Alex.