Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Issue with Lead CNC 1010 not moving/no movement after assembly

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Lauren85, Feb 27, 2023.

1. Lauren85

Lauren85 New
    Builder

I have assembled the Lead CNC 1010 with the High Z Lead modification with the x32 blackbox and the interface CNC touch. I also have the xyz probe plus connected to the black box as well as limit switches.

I have confirmed my wiring is correct and matches color to color at step motors and at the black box. The limit switches are also not being physically triggered in the machine's current position.

I have connected my interface cnc to the internet and used the USB option to update software as it kept failing to get updated info from open builds.

The motors click when the power is turned on. They also click when they should be moving. Currently, no axis is moving when using the jog function on the interface CNC (x, y, or z). I also noticed an interesting wind-up and wind-down noise from the interface CNC and I am unsure if this is normal for the system?

I have successfully put together another system and it works correctly.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated for a possible fix for this issue.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Remember to load a machine profile

CONTROL > grbl settings > Select machine from list

Or Interface (Remember to Prep USB as shown in Interface Docs) > Tools and Utils > Load Grbl Profile

3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Also see docs.openbuilds.com/interface - the connection step advises Method 3 (not method 1) and also if appropriate the Jumper

4. Lauren85

Lauren85 New
    Builder

Attempted CONTROL > grbl settings > Select machine and received an error message from several of the machine selected (C-Beam Machine/LEAD 1010/LEAD 1515). The wifi is currently a solid green and has been used to confirm the latest software updates. The Aux is flashing red.

Attempting interface option now.

5. Lauren85

Lauren85 New
    Builder

Attempted interface - the connection step advises Method 3 (not method 1) and received the below information that the Firmware Update had been Completed. Attempted once again to select a device from the interface and received PROFILE NOT FOUND error message again.

[14:57:47] [ Firmware Upgrade ] Wrote 1361216 bytes (735042 compressed) at 0x00010000 in 13.4 seconds (effective 813.6 kbit/s)... Hash of data verified. Compressed 3072 bytes to 129... Writing at 0x00008000... (100 %)

[14:57:48] [ Firmware Upgrade ] Wrote 3072 bytes (129 compressed) at 0x00008000 in 0.0 seconds (effective 1536.0 kbit/s)... Hash of data verified. Leaving... Hard resetting via RTS pin...

[14:57:48] [ Firmware Upgrade ] [exit:0]

[14:57:48] [ Firmware Upgrade ] Firmware Update COMPLETED! Please click the Reset button on the device now, to reboot it with the new firmware.

6. Lauren85

Lauren85 New
    Builder

I ended up needing to have my laptop connected to the blackbox x32 prior to powering on the blackbox in order to have the firmware fully update and the tooling profiles shared.