Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Is my Black Box Dead?

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by pochrist, Sep 2, 2020.

1. pochrist

pochrist New
    Builder

Typically when I fire up the power supply & Black Box The Led Light ring Lights up and all the motors (I want to say jump or thump) but a noise that indicates they are powered on.

I was about to try my 1st job and stopped jogging my machine and was making a last minute adjustment to the End stop switch (nothing was disconnected) I just loosened the screw and reposition it and tightened the screw. When I went back to jogging the unit was unresponsive.

I have tried:
    • pressing Disconnect on the control software and trying to reconnect but I get the port closed error
    • I tried powering off the psu and BB, but now when I power back up the motors don't "thump" ,the Led light ring lights up and the fan on the BB spins (their is a light on the the Black Box logo but only "<>" in the center lights up - I thought the whole word lit up but not sure anymore)
    • But after reinstalling drivers, restarting the computer and even switching to another computer that I was using to setup the CNC last week the BB still won't connect successfully.
    I almost want to say its the PSU becasue of the "motor thump' described above, but it is still powering the BB

The BB on the other hand is normally detected when just connected to the usb port and powered off.

Their is a "reset" button but nothing seems to change after pressing it.

It doesn't look promising, I'm sunk before I got on to the water....

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Reach out to http://support.openbuilds.com/support/home for assistance with this :)

3. pochrist

pochrist New
    Builder

Thanks, just sent it.