Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Interface X,Y,Z Jog speed issue

Discussion in 'Interfaces' started by joshua a chavez, Jan 7, 2022.

1. joshua a chavez

Builder

Hello, I am pretty new the the CNC world and Built a CNC Plasma table using the Open Builds black Box and Interface, it is currently running X and Y axis only with Nema 17s and is working great!

The only big issue I have is on my interface my Jog speeds are at 100% but when I use the arrows on the interface to jog the machine it moves very slow in both directions, but if its connected to my PC it moves pretty quick. I made sure to calibrate my machine and during cuts it works great and my parts come out perfect.
    is there a setting that I may have missed for the Interface itself?

The only other issue I have had right out of the box is half the lights on the Interface do not come on but everything seems to be working fine.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Are you on the latest firmware? (v1. 51)

Regarding the LEDs please do contact the store via Support for a replacement

3. joshua a chavez

Builder

I did check and yes it is setup with the latest firmware v1.51

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Ok, and you are on latest CONTROL too? Both CONTROL and Interface use exactly the same jog methodology (Max rate in Grbl Settings x percentage set in gui)

Did you change Grbl parameters since using CONTROL?

5. joshua a chavez

Builder

All firmware is the same, I just figured it out after some research, it seems my ( max rate mm/inch was set low. So I upped the value and now it works much better.
    Not sure why it worked better when plugged in to my PC before but something must have been accidentally changed and I did not notice it.
    I am pretty new to CNC Machines so I am a bit scared to mess with setting I am not familiar with yet I am still learning as I go, but the Open Builds Electronics Package has made
    this a great experience.

Thanks for your assistance

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  6. joshua a chavez

Builder

I did have another Question about posting builds. What is the Build License? and I was not sure what one to use when I posted my Build.

7. Peter Van Der Walt

It is how specifically Open source you want your Build to be (applies more to Builds of your own making, own designs)

8. joshua a chavez

Builder

Do you know if there is a Preferred or better or the best one to use from the listing?

9. Matt Folly Factory

Builder

Could you share how this is done?

10. Peter Van Der Walt

Please read the Grbl Wiki - its important to understand the firmware running on your controllers:

Max Rate is discussed here Grbl v1.1 Configuration · gnea/grbl Wiki but the entirety of the Grbl Wiki Home · gnea/grbl Wiki is filled with good info
    You can change Grbl settings from CONTROL (Grbl Settings tab) or from Interface (Tools and Utils > Edit Grbl profile menu)

Matt Folly Factory likes this.