Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Interface Unresponsive with BB.

Discussion in 'Interfaces' started by sjs30101, Oct 21, 2022.

1. sjs30101

sjs30101 New
    Builder

I have an Interface v1.5 I'm trying to use for the first time. The Interface is completely unresponsive when using 2 different BB's. I've verified the BB's are sending 5vdc and the cable is delivering this to the Interface.

After removing the Interface cover to trace the 5vdc it appears the GND and 5V pins are soldered together. See pic below. I'm not an EE but this does not seem to be correct and I'm seeking confirmation before removing the solder bridge between the 2 pins.

upload_2022-10-21_9-23-18.png

Additional information and potential problem...

When I connect the Interface to my PC it lights up seems to be working but cannot connect from my phone via wifi. See pics.
    upload_2022-10-21_9-25-19.png

When I browse to 192.168.4.1 I cannot get to the page provided by the Interface because it cannot connect and display the page because it times-out.
    upload_2022-10-21_9-29-13.png

Any advice greatly appreciated. - Thanks

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

You are correct, if you are up for it, do remove the bridge, otherwise we'd be happy to sort it out for you. Contact support.openbuilds.com > new ticket if you prefer a return.

It won't void your warranty if you do try though, and it saves you some time waiting on a replacement

Wifi setup can only run after the boot process is complete - as yet its still stuck in boot thus why the web page is not running yet.

3. sjs30101

sjs30101 New
    Builder

Thanks for the prompt reply! I agree with your good suggestion and will attempt the repair and advise.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  4. sjs30101

sjs30101 New
    Builder

After removing the solder connecting the 2 pins the Interface now connects using wifi and seems to be working as intended when connected to the BB.

Thanks!

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  5. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Thanks for sorting it out - we do apologise that that one slipped though - but awesome that you could sort it out :)