Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Interface probe file not found

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Truegrit.Scott, May 18, 2022.

1. Truegrit.Scott

Builder

Was using my 1515 w blackbox after not for quite a while... Did a few carves and everything seemed ok.. On my third carve I tried to use the probe to set a bit and got an error "probe file not found".... Rebooted multiple times... Thought maybe my firmware was out of date... I am at 1.47, and although connected to the internet, the infterface would not update, just giving an internet error.... Where do I find what the current version of firmware is? I also could not update via .BIN file, not sure if it was an error, or maybe it quit at 10% because I am up to date, it did not say...... Really I'd like to get my probe working again.... Any help appreciated.

Scott

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. Truegrit.Scott

Builder

Thank you Peter....Tried method 2 and it quit out at like 10%...Will try a few more times.... Aslo got probe working with usb drive in interface.....

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Try method 3 then :)

5. Thomas Lamourine

Builder

So just updated my interface, noticed that I now have to have a USB stick in to use the probe! wasn't it in the firmware before? or am I just loosing it? seems having to have the stick in to use the probe isn't the best option? shouldn't it be in the interface it's self? or access through the Blackbox? not really a biggy, but mildly annoying.

Edit, - huh, just re-read the directions after over a yr, guess it always did need the USB stick.. still seems odd, but anyway.. it works.

#5 Thomas Lamourine, Nov 4, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
  6. Peter Van Der Walt

It's always been that way :) (Since Nov 2020: Update - flash tool and usb tool · OpenBuilds/OpenBuilds-CONTROL@a05ef76)

Probe files lives on the USB as it allows advanced users to extend their macros if needed by simply editing the file. Use the Prepare USB Drive wizard in CONTROL to put the files on all the drives you intend using. Once off, just a minute or two and you are set.