Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Interface module: Z-plus / Z-minus

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Barzalou, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Barzalou

Barzalou Well-Known
    Builder

Hi,

I've noticed that when I try to manually raise the Z-axis by pressing both Z buttons on the Interface nodule, it does not rise or lower consistently. By that, I mean that pressing the up button should raise it and the down button should lower it. Well, it consistently mixes itself up. Now, I do understand that I can manually configure the Interface to reverse the directions so the buttons can reflect our actual reality. But once this is configured correctly, at some point, it looses its mind and the buttons do what they want (anarchy !).

I had configured my interface module to recognize the fact that my CNC is a Workbee 1510. I wonder the fact that my shop at night goes down to 42° and when I use it, back up @ 70°.... Could that be a factor?

Thanks

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. Barzalou

Barzalou Well-Known
    Builder

Thank you Peter, I will check this tomorrow. In fact, I will check all of them. This is the second time I've had this issue of a loose wire and I must admit, it gets on my nerves. Thanks again.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  4. Barzalou

Barzalou Well-Known
    Builder

Well, I found that I don't have continuity on the red wire going from the stepper motor to the BlackBox. I think, somehow, the issue could be at the stepper part of the length of the wire. I will cut it a bit and see if I have continuity again. I think that there was a "tug" of the wire when my z-axis went all the way up and unfortunately, probably severed the red wire in particular (because it was secured with a ti-wrap in the tidying up phase of the build).

Peter Van Der Walt and sharmstr like this.
  5. Barzalou

Barzalou Well-Known
    Builder

Update.... That was the problem and now, it's working... Thank you.

Attached Files: