Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Interface losing connection

Discussion in 'Interfaces' started by Netechsys, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Netechsys

Netechsys Journeyman
    Builder

Hello,

I was using the interface with no real problem till today. When I move the interface, I get a disconnected warning on the screen and everything stops responding. Move the interface, and it works for a bit. Seems to be a connection issue in the wire.

Has anyone had issue with the wire from the GRBL controller to the interface? Or am I barking down the wrong tree. I guess I could run a continuity tester and check the wire. But thought I’d ask first since the tester isn’t here at the moment.

thanks!

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Have not had reports, but can imagine wires getting pulled out of the crimps. We added a couple cable tie holes on the bottom panel to help with strain relief if needed

3. Netechsys

Netechsys Journeyman
    Builder

So. After some digging. It is a wire. The white RX connection at the interface. Seems the tab that holds the wire on the connector wasn’t there when the wire was put together so it just backed out a bit. Pulled the pin and pushed the tab out and seems to have caught now. Wired it back up and it’s working again. I did use the wire tie hold to put 2 ties on the wire at the interface to keep the wire from moving any more so it shouldn’t be a problem again.

@Peter Van Der Walt thanks for the quick response.

sharmstr and Peter Van Der Walt like this.
  4. BeeAMaker

BeeAMaker Well-Known
    Builder

Also note that the plastic locking connector can pull out of the Interface. I had this issue once also but it was the connector that pulled just far enough out that the pins were not making contact even though it was fully locked with the Interface end. The plastic connector should be flush with the case.