Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Interface Issue

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Robert Drisaldi, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Robert Drisaldi

Builder

I’m hoping that someone can help me resolve an issue with my interface. (V1.5)

Here are the details:

I updated the firmware this morning. Following the firmware update and automatic reboot of the interface, I decided to also do a manual shutdown of the power box, followed by the black box. Now the interface is not powering up.

This is what I did to hopefully rectify this problem:

Confirmed that the plug / jack was in the correct orientation on the black box (v2.7)

Confirmed that the plug /jack was in the correct orientation on the interface

Confirmed that the wire harness connections were intact.

Confirmed that the TVS module was seated correctly.

Confirmed that the AUTO RST jumper was seated correctly.

Thanks in advance

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Check the 4 pin cable, maybe yanked on it a little hard, thus unseating one of the pins from the housing on one of the ends

Also make sure your BlackBox is actually powered up (all the usual LEDs on) as it has to provide power to the Interface - if it doesn't power up, check your BlackBox (PSU, Power switch, wiring, etc)

3. Robert-Lee

Builder

Thanks Peter. The four pin cable was the first thing I checked. I’ve learned the hard way that if something isn’t operating correctly, check the wires!! Black box is getting power. Also, I operated the machine with my Laptop without problem. I’m at a loss.

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

5. Robert-Lee

Builder

I’m getting power when I jiggle the connection so I’m going to replace the Jack adapter on the interface as well as the cable that connects the interface to the black box.