Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Interface hangs then loses XYZ zero

Discussion in 'Interfaces' started by Saul Goodman, Apr 9, 2022.

1. Saul Goodman

Builder

I've had this happen a few times. I know it's not job related as I've run the same job multiple times without issue.

Basically, in the middle of a job, XYZ axis will all stop moving, spindle stays running and g-code lines flash at the bottom (can't tell if they're different or the same one flashing) but otherwise operation looks normal as far as the screen and alarms go (no alarms). What I'll have to do is cancel the current job and restart it.

The problem, besides having to restart the job (obviously) is that it loses XYZ Zero. This is especially bad if I have multiple tool-paths and have no way to 100% accurately return to the original zero.

Has anyone else had this? I thought it could be related to static or something else but I can't seem to pin it down.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Zero is stored in Grbl EEPROM. Rehome to re-establish

Regarding the other issues, make sure your Interface Firmware is up to date (v1.51 or newer)

If the DROs update but the machine doesn't move, i would also check the PSU (if power cuts out movement may stop) and stepper drivers (fault LEDs on?)