Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Interface firmware update

Discussion in 'Interfaces' started by sitoru, Jan 18, 2021.

1. sitoru

sitoru New
    Builder

My interface sees the new firmware but when I try to update it gives me an error that there's not enough space.
    How do I fix that?

2. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. Ben Mitzelfelt

Builder

Anyone getting this error when trying to create the flashing tool? [ Firmware Upgrade ] A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: Timed out waiting for packet header

4. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  5. BeeAMaker

BeeAMaker Well-Known
    Builder

I followed these instructions and now my interface is has a blank screen and all buttons lit green. except Aux, Drive, and WiFi

6. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team

7. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team

The screen should be black when its in bootloader mode as per the instructions

• Hold the MODE button for a couple seconds more, when flashing is successfully underway you can let it go.
    • While its flashing the screen on the Interface will be black
    • The Serial Log in CONTROL will indicate progress
    • Click Reset once the flashing is completed

8. BeeAMaker

BeeAMaker Well-Known
    Builder

Third time's a charm I guess.

9. BeeAMaker

BeeAMaker Well-Known
    Builder

Thanks for the quick response by the way.

sharmstr likes this.
  10. Stacey Miller

Builder

I spent two hours yesterday screwing around with updating the interface..... Never did get it to recognize the interface, I have a new Win 10 computer and when I plug something into it it will show which drive (the letter) when I plug the interface in Nothing, I printed the instructions but mine is not giving me those options. Also mine will not read a USB stick.... I went and bought a pack of emery boards and filed the contacts, still not luck... really want this to work.

11. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team

Just to confirm, you are NOT using the usb cable supplied with the interface, correct? The manufacturer supplied power only cables, so to get it to work, you need a data cable. Once you have a data cable, when you plug in the interface, you will see a new COM port in windows device manager, not a new drive. Make sure you have installed the FTDI drivers so that Control can connect to it.

12. Peter Van Der Walt

See the reply to you here: Interface issues - and please try to keep working at an issue in one thread, check your notifications, etc or you may miss a reply. It helps to stay organised, work the replies point by point as we try to guide you along. I assume you missed the reply, because i don't see feedback from you thereafter, and the above question is basically the same question, just a couple days later and in a different thread :)

See INTERFACE CNC Touch Controller for the latest memo

Exactly why printed instructions suck :) online documentation has been continually updated with new information. Throw away the prints, and read the documentation online. It has been updated with info about the cable, button pressing sequence, what to expect on the display, etc. I think the outdated prints is what is costing you hours on basically a very simple task :)
    Also ALWAYS make sure you have the latest version of CONTROL too, as the updated code and documentation relies on using up to date software too. V1.0.275 at the time of this post.

13. Tom Sprenger

Builder

My question is what is included in the update? I can’t seem to find any information online. Also, I updated my interface through my wifi. Took a couple attempts for it to do something but it seems to have worked fine. Can someone please post a link which shows not how to install the update but what it entails. Thank you.

14. Peter Van Der Walt