Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

INTERFACE Controller not recognizing inserted USB flashdrive

Discussion in 'Interfaces' started by Corey Erickson, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Corey Erickson

Builder

First time posting on here, but thought if anyone else has had any issues with the Interface controller. I just recently bought a new interface controller and did followed the instructions in the documentation to the bone, but found that my interface device would not recognize a usb flashdrive plugged in. I tried 2 different flashdrives and nothing. The light on the controller wouldn't even light up. So I emailed openbuilds and explained the situation and they sent me a new one right away. Kudos to customer support, but to my dismay, my new unit still doesn't register a usb flashdrive plugged in to it. However, the usb led light lights up on the front to show something is plugged in, but the button to load from usb is greyed out on the screen. So two strikes for me. Everything else on the controller works fine. I can control my machine, send it to home, start and stop my spindle, ect. It is the darn USB. This time I even tried 4 different USB's with no luck. Anyone else with similar issues or am I just that lucky? My blackbox board is a v2.7 if someone is wondering. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. William K. Brady

Builder

Same thing here twice now. The flash drive is red hot when I pull it out.

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

As per the reply to the previous poster, same advice applies:

Please contact the store