Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

INTERFACE CNC Touch Controller

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by OpenBuilds, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Rendermandan

Rendermandan Well-Known
    Builder

Thanks, I just read about the command, but is there a way to change that using the interface control box?

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Tools and Util button on the left side of the Jog screen > Edit Grbl profile > STEP IDLE and set to 255, yes :)

upload_2021-5-11_20-56-31.png

#242 Peter Van Der Walt, May 11, 2021
    Last edited: May 11, 2021
    Rendermandan likes this.
  3. Rendermandan

Rendermandan Well-Known
    Builder

Awesome, Thanks!

4. grnch

grnch New
    Builder

@Peter Van Der Walt would it be possible to add a check size feature like in the control software?

5. Peter Van Der Walt

Negative. The 3D viewer builds up the extents of the job, for the button to know where the furthest points are. Interface cannot parse a complete file.

Learn to use and trust your CAM process and previews.

6. Peter Van Der Walt

If you don't have soft limits, it will crash. If you have soft limits, Grbl will stop with an error.

More importantly :) don't you measure your stock, and set it up correctly in CAM? Its actually pretty obvious. You have a 200mm piece of stock, why try to run a 300mm job for example? You know your working area, you can measure your stock. Relying on failsafes, vs setting up with a little planning. Thats how youd do it on your real mill too. You cant just guess :)

7. SupaCraig12

Builder

Good morning, I've read thru the GRBL links you've posted here. i'm still not quite understanding a few things but maybe i'm just overlooking something.. How do I write my own machine parameters and input them into the controller? Is it better to just use one of the presets and change the value's? Can i write my own code using the openbuilds control app and then transfer that to my controller? I'm just having a tough time grasping that concept i guess... thanks in adavance..

8. Peter Van Der Walt

If your machine is one of ours, or very similar, the Profiles are the way to go.
    For our machines, just load the profile. For a similar machine, base on the profile, and adapt as needed.
    For an entirely custom machine, enter the values manually - and expect some trial and error to fine tune them.

Which machine do you have?

You can use CONTROL to setup your BlackBox too if you prefer. Settings are stored in the Grbl EEPROM, you only set it up once (make sure to take a backup) - Interface also provides tools to edit the parameters but it is easier on the PC. For on the fly fine tuning, on the Interface, its great. You really have to read the entire Grbl wiki though, it explains all this in much greater depth: See gnea/grbl and work through all the pages in the menu on the right

9. SupaCraig12

Builder

I engineered my own CNC but it's nothing unlike most normal 3 axis systems. 2000mm x 1500mm. I mainly had the CNC4Newbie machine in mind when designing this one. I'd be willing to bet the lead screws are a bit different sized though so maybe just a tweak of the steps and jogging feedrate.

So say I use the CONTROL on my PC to set up the parameters in the black box. How do I load those parameters to the touch interface?

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

10. Peter Van Der Walt

You don't. Its stored in the Blackbox. The "edit grbl profile tool" inside Interface does the same as CONTROL (ie, configures Grbl, running on the BlackBox), you don't need to do the same job twice. Its an either or. Do you wanna use CONTROL, or Interface, to work though gnea/grbl

11. Alexandre_c71

Builder

Hello,

I have a problem since installing my openbuilds interface.

At the first launch everything works normally, interface not updated, I test to make a tactile probe, the macro is launched and the interface turns off and on again in a loop. I stop everything and tell myself that I will come back later.

a few weeks, months have passed and I'm getting back to it, I started by updating my interface via the usb C cable, no particular problem.

I specify that my CNC sphynx works perfectly before installing the interface.

So today I'm running the updated interface, and it just shuts off and turns on over and over again, until the black box settings are lost. I disconnect the interface, adjust the blakcbox again (end of races, reversal of the axes, hard and soft limit ...)

I run a whole at home, everything is fine (the cnc was stopped at 400 in x and 400 in Y (stroke of 800 / 800- "sphynx 1010")

I launch a displacement in X of 400mm to validate, ok it's good.

I run the same in Y and there, the cnc advances a few mm and tells me to be in hard limit, I blame the fault I try to "force" the movement to a free movement of distance it still advances a few mm (50) and cut, and I can do this multiple times sometimes by 1mm sometimes by 80 or so.

You will find screenshots of the Y displacement errors.

I thought about a soft limit problem, but the black box tells me that it is in hard limit, I checked my limit switches and they work well during the tests, I specify that I have nothing added to '' other apart from the interface, no other modification (the next to come will be to integrate double limit switches on each ax to remove the soft limit and be only in limit to be quiet)

I join the screenshots, thanks in advance for your ideas of things to check and sorry for the novel.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][ /url]

12. Peter Van Der Walt

13. Darwin

Darwin New
    Builder

Hello there, I want to buy the product but I can't find the weight specifications, because I want to import it to Ecuador. Can someone help me with that information?

14. Peter Van Der Walt

For order and shipping questions, speak to the OpenBuilds Partstore at Support

Or use the online checkout at Openbuildspartstore.com to add it to your cart, calculate shipping, etc

15. Zeke97

Zeke97 New
    Builder

I have an error when I go to probe...
    "Probe file not found"
    what gives?

16. Peter Van Der Walt

17. Zeke97

Zeke97 New
    Builder

Awesome, I already figured it out earlier. There was only one result on Google for my question. Thanks for being an amazing team member!!!

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  18. Zeke97

Zeke97 New
    Builder

I'm having an issue with my Interface. I tried connecting to a new wireless AP with the interface plugged into the blackbox and the LEAD 1010 via power supply and now I'm stuck in a bootloop that occurs when it tries connecting to wifi. How would I resolve this?

19. Peter Van Der Walt

Are you running an older build of the Firmware? See INTERFACE CNC Touch Controller

20. Daniel Jackson

Builder

I have searched this post, has a solution been found for error 15. Im getting the same issue new interface, firmware at 1.47, on Bobs cnc, will home when try to move axis error. also is there a way to change the increments like on desktop?

21. Peter Van Der Walt

1) incremental jogging is not supported, Continuous is quite easy to use - for smaller (slower) positioning use the Jog Speed buttons

2) Error 15 = a Grbl error: See Grbl v1.1 Interface · gnea/grbl Wiki which 15 means, you probably forgot to Home first (as Soft Limits uses Homing + Max Travel to determine if it can Jog: See Grbl v1.1 Configuration · gnea/grbl Wiki and Grbl v1.1 Configuration · gnea/grbl Wiki - you need to Home first to tell the machine where in physical space it is, before you can use Soft Limits

The entire Grbl Wiki is a must-read

22. Daniel Jackson

Builder

Thank you. i did home but I will try again. Soft limits off and working.

23. Peter Van Der Walt

Also make sure you are on firmware v1.47: docs:interface:firmware-update [OpenBuilds Documentation] just in case, but Soft Limits can be ON, it only requires that you have homed (best practise for everything, G53 moves, offsets, recovery, etc - always home first) to establish machine coordinates. Interface then reads the maximum distance it can move, off your Grbl Settings, and issues the relevant move commands to prevent exceeding Soft Limits in the first place - the only time Grbl will be unable to follow our moves is if a) homing was not done or b) homing is not setup correctly - homing dir, axis dir, etc)

24. Zeke97

Zeke97 New
    Builder

Hey all, I just got around to trying to use my LEAD 1010 again. None of the flash drives I used work anymore! FAT32 formatted, with the config files direct from CONTROL. Latest firmware on the Interface. I even have two interfaces, neither of them recognize the USB flash drives. Very odd...

25. Peter Van Der Walt

Speak to the store via support.openbuilds.com and they will assist thanks

26. pilotjunky

Builder

When using INTERFACE with GRBL Laser setting "On"... is there a way to increase the 2% power setting when firing the laser via the INTERFACE?

Thanks
    Rich.

27. Peter Van Der Walt

Not at this time, as 2% should enable most good laser modules

28. pilotjunky

Builder

Thank you. Turns out I couldn't get it to fire because of $30, $31 GRBL settings not because of the 2%.

Thanks again.
    Rich.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  29. Peter Van Der Walt

#269 Peter Van Der Walt, Nov 23, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  30. anigeek65

anigeek65 Well-Known
    Builder

Here is an update from my past several post on the USB issue not being read by the interface. It took 4 replacements to get one that worked. Support was great and they are looking into the issued for this product. If you are having issues please contact them as you may need a replacement. Thanks for openbuilds support.