Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Intelitek ProLight 1000 Mill Retrofit

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by Johnny Reich, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Johnny Reich

Builder

A few months back I posted about acquiring an old Light Machines (now Intelitek) ProLight 1000 CNC Mill from a local high school.

My intentions were to use the OpenBuilds Ecosystem products to update the extremely outdated original controllers, etc.

I'm using the Meanwell 24V power supply, the Black Box controller and Interface Touch.
    At this time I have all 3 axes working, including hard limit switches.

I'm able to jog all axes and have been tweaking the Interface Touch grbl file to optimize stepper speeds, etc.

Next steps are to connect the spindle control signals to the mill's existing Minarik motor controller to provide spindle on/off and speed control.

It has been an amazingly easy retrofit so far. I've only had to clip off the controller-end 9-pin (z-axis) and 15-pin (x- and y-axes) connectors and wire the appropriate signal wires to the Black Box.

Further updates coming as the project nears completion.

Regards,
    Johnny

Mark Carew likes this.
  2. Johnny Reich

Builder

Johnny Reich published a new build:

Read more about this build...

3. Stephan Kent Brumbaugh

Builder

Awesome! I got my hands on 2 of the Mills and 1 of the Lathe. I am planning on making this transition for the lathe and 1 mill. I teach several classes that involve cnc machines and will use the un modified one for computer integrated manufacturing when we are learning about NC code.

Do you have the wiring diagram for the plugs on the mill I could have?

4. Johnny Reich

Builder

Hi Stephan,

Looks like you've got a great ProLight project going! Find attached an Excel file showing wiring connections for the mill. I'm not sure where I acquired it, but it has proven 100% correct with respect to my mill.

Let me know if it helps or not.

Johnny

Attached Files:

5. Stephan Kent Brumbaugh

Builder

Awesome! Thankyou So much!