Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

How to program Arduino to Support THC Anti-Dive

Discussion in 'CAM' started by Dov Rosenberg, Jun 29, 2024.

1. Dov Rosenberg

Builder

I have a torch height controller for my plasma table that has an anti-dive (AD) capability. I am using an Arduino Uno R3 to run the GRBL. The THC has wiring instructions for using a MACH3 breakout board and Sheetcam to program. The antidive uses OUT3 on the Mach3 breakout board. How do I program the equivalent on an Arduino Uno R3?

Questions:
    • Which port on Arduino R3 is equivalent to MACH 3 OUT3?
    • How do I program the Arduino to act like described below? is it a modification to the sketch?
    • I use the OpenBuilds Fusion post processor, is there anything that needs to happen in the post processor to trigger the anti-dive capabilities similar to sheetcam?
    • Would I be better off switching to Sheetcam in order to use their rules?

From the guy that built the THC:

The THC AD pin configuration inside is an optocoupler, the positive side is connected to +5v and the negative is going to the AD input. When connecting the AD input to the (-) pin on the THC the AD function is activated. If the AD pin on the THC is connected to the Arduino output ,that output pin must be set to LOW to activate the AD function or set to HIGH to deactivate the AD function . There is 5v on the AD input because the positive pin of the optocoupler inside is connected to the +5v power tru 1kom resistor .
    So if you want to use the AD input just connect it straight to the arduino output pin . I know how to set the cuttin rules on sheetcam but ,I'm not sure on fusion 360 how to create cutting rules so you can activate the AD while cutting small holes or during sharp angles.

Related thread Torch Height Control Anti-Dive Functionality for Fusion Post Processor??