Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

how to measure to cut sub bottom 2060' V slot rails length for sphinx

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Archtop67, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Archtop67

Archtop67 New
    Builder

ok im building a custom sized sphinx CNC and need to cut down the sub frame 2060 Vslot so i can use my 1000x1000 c beams for X and Y ... how many mm do I need to remove?

2. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

If it were me, I would draw the layout up real quick in CAD software so you know everything will fit and you will know the exact size of each piece. If your front and rear cross pieces are each 20mm thick and the Cbeams rest on it or they fit between, then 1000-40 would give you 960mm. But with no drawing, and it is custom, it is hard to know what advice to give.

3. Archtop67

Archtop67 New
    Builder

i was looking at a few different sub base layouts and I think i can go with 880mm on the 3 front to back 2080s and then those connected to the 1000 Cbeams on each side and the front and back 2060s would but up to them so that would be 60x2 plus the 880 coming to 1000 ... so very few cuts and they wont have to be super beautiful since the ends will but up against the 2060s ... ... im going to do the build a slight bit different.. since I dont know how far the wheels offset the plates ill be doing some narrowing oif my 2080s after its assembled meaning the base will be loose until I get a measurement on how far the plates sit off of the beam.. hope that made sense lol kind of late at night lol

4. Archtop67

Archtop67 New
    Builder

ok money shot for now! Ill compile a build once completed... i have the custom sphinx plates that are 2" taller...

Attached Files:

Giarc likes this.