Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Hobby Fab R7 - Any ideas on wiring the inverter?

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Mark Zimmerman, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Mark Zimmerman

Builder

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for help. I bought a Hobby Fab machine with the intention of building it right away, but life happened and it sat. I pulled it out over the holidays, and now have the frame constructed, the limits and steppers wired, but am lost on the 1 plug provided that has 6 wires, red, yellow, green, blue, white, and black, and how they hook up to the inverter. I think I understand the spindle wiring from the videos, but this last piece I am lost on. Does anyone else have one that knows how the wiring should go?

Thank you,

Mark

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Watching the video it's a fairly common wiring scheme but the colored wire sets are not connected to the inverter they are connected to the driver board. The wires appear to be connected into the driver ports X: YBGR, Y1: YBGR, Y2 YBRG, Z: YBRG with the black and white wires connected to the opposite side (along with the capacitors) in the limit ports. The inverter appears to only be connected to the spindle, the power supply, and what must be either an off/on or a spindle speed port in the main board.

3. Mark Zimmerman

Builder

Hi Rick,
    Thank you! I was only looking at the videos from their Google+ Community and should have gone to YouTube. I didn't even know they were there. I appreciate the help.

Mark