Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Help openbuilds lead 1010

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Bug Report' started by Mateusz Klimczak, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Mateusz Klimczak

Builder

Hello, I have a problem with the openbuilds lead 1010 milling machine. When I mill and turn on the vacuum cleaner, the light stops or when I turn it on, it mills at you at some point. If I want a milling machine, I can't move because I have to disable and enable the openbuilds controls program again. Or if I load the program, I change another one, then I have to turn the program off and on again. If I want the whole cycle to be milled, I must turn off the limit switches. Or after finishing the milling, I can't turn on the limit switches because I have to turn the openbuilds control off again.

2. Mateusz Klimczak

Builder

Hello, I have a problem with the openbuilds lead 1010 milling machine. When I mill and turn on the vacuum cleaner, the light stops or when I turn it on, it mills at you at some point. If I want a milling machine, I can't move because I have to disable and enable the openbuilds controls program again. Or if I load the program, I change another one, then I have to turn the program off and on again. If I want the whole cycle to be milled, I must turn off the limit switches. Or after finishing the milling, I can't turn on the limit switches because I have to turn the openbuilds control off again.

3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Vacuums create a lot of static electricity (particles rubbing against the hose, air moving against the hose etc)
    Run a length of bare copper wire down the hose end to end, earthing the side near the Vacuum cleaner to help dissipate EMI

Also see

How to ground vacuum hose?

Mark Carew likes this.