Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

HELP cant connect to Interface touch controller

Discussion in 'General Electronics' started by Bee, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Bee

Bee New
    Builder

I have tried everything suggested here on open builds and still not able to connect to Interface touch controller to update firmware. I've tried connecting to wifi following the instructions given with no success.... web page won't connect with ip 192.168.4.1 I've tried updating using usb DATA cable and OpenBuilds controller with no success. I've updated usb driver as suggested and finally changed the jumper to FLASH position and still won't boot up to update firmware. PLEASE HELP Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Does is appear and disappear from Ports under Device Manager when you plug/unplug it?
    Take a screenshot of the update attempt from CONTROL?
    You do put it into Bootloader mode (black screen) prior to attempting Flash? (press mode, press reset, release reset, release mode)

3. JasonBot

JasonBot New
    Builder

I have the same issue. The interface will not host the WiFi interface and therefore will not allow firmware update and of course will not interface the Blackbox.
    Cluster Trifecta

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Use method 2 or 3 from docs:interface:firmware-update [OpenBuilds Documentation] - we provide alternative methods.

Preparation and Connection to BlackBox is covered in the same documentation (VERY IMPORTANT: work through Interface Documentation chronologically and in order: connecting to BlackBox (Step 2.1.2) is a step before Wifi Setup (only at Step 3.1) which is a step before Wifi or Flashdrive based Firmware updates (Step 3.2).
    You cannot skip ahead, it has to be successfully booted up all the way first before you can setup wifi, access usb drive or use wifi to update firmware. You can use the CONTROL method as it uses the bootloader but better to set it up in the correct order
    Also, if the installed version of the firmware is far behind current (1.57 currently) Wifi update may also fail as old firmwares doesn't always know about new servers

Start at 2.1.1 and work your way forwards

Screenshot_2022-12-11-21-07-19-154_com.android.chrome.jpg

David the swarfer likes this.
  5. Gary Crews

Builder

I know this is in response to an old post - but just in case anyone else runs into this issue. I was having similar issues with trying to connect the interface to WIFI. I finally tried moving it away from my laptop and everything connected as it should.