Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Having some weird issues

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by BeeAMaker, Jan 22, 2024.

1. BeeAMaker

BeeAMaker Well-Known
    Builder

I have the LEAD 1010 with the black box and the Interface. This past week I have a couple of Strang things happen.

1 - After running a file I set up for the next run and when I pressed goto x,y,z 0 the Z simply moved down 10 mm, I pressed it again and the same thing. I tried to home the machine and no response. I had to shut everything down and reboot. Worked fine after that.

2 - Ran a few cuts and removed the USB drive to make some changes to the GCODE. Reinserted the drive and returned the machine to x,y,z 0. It appeared the machine went lower on the z than it should have. I tried to raise the Z with the Z up button and the Z went down a bit further. I decide to re-home and after pressing the home key the machine did a rapid left about 20mm, snaping the bit against the material stop block. After that any key I pressed would not respond and only light up red instead of green. I shut everything down, rebooted and everything went back to normal.

Not sure what to check first, Black box, Interface, or cables???

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Cables first, lots of Z issues so Z motor cable first. Don't forget Z mechanicals (slipping shaft coupler would do some of these too)

3. BeeAMaker

BeeAMaker Well-Known
    Builder

Now I keep getting a Alert code 1, Hard limit trigger. happens randomly, nothing hitting the switches.

I checked all the cables, look good as far as connections.

EDIT is temperature a factor? Its 50 degrees in my shop atm.