Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Hard limit triggered

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Truegrit.Scott, May 18, 2022.

1. Truegrit.Scott

Builder

So I am finally surfacing my spoil board... And I make two very shallow passes, no issue... I run for the third and final time and I get: Alarm Hard limit triggered.... Well I ran the exact same job two times before with no issue... So I reboot and try again to hit same issue... I unplug all 3 limit switches and run again and still get the error... I attached two pictures, one showing error, one showing where it is Alarming at and you can see the previous run of the job did in fact hit and pass that point.... No idea what happened all of a sudden. Any help appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Truegrit.Scott likes this.
  3. Truegrit.Scott

Builder

Oh we had interference.... Like wires rubbed bare......
    Well you could say it was interference.....The wire for my Y limit was rubbed raw from the gantry moving back and forth.... I never got the slot covers with my 1515 order, so I had electrical tape holding the wire for the limit switch holding it in the channel.... well it was popping out in the back as the electrical tape failed and rubbed the wires.... Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction!

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Luckily you caught it before it caused a more destructive short circuit! :)

Review all the wiring for similar damage or strain spots, too tight radii, etc while you are at it just to be safe