Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Group pocket in SketchUcam

Discussion in 'CAD' started by JustinTime, Jan 8, 2021.

1. JustinTime

JustinTime Veteran
    Builder

@David the swarfer. David, I tried to make an inside cut in a pocket but it doesn't work as expected. The overlying of the pocket lines interfere with the underlying inside lines. Once I grouped the pocket lines the problem disappeared.

Can you please make the pocket be a group when generated like you have it on the counter sink/bore tool?

2. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

hmmm, maybe.
    I would like to see your original drawing and an explanation of exactly what you were trying to do, I cannot quite picture it.

Sketchups usefulness/userfriendlyness derives from the way it 'intersects' lines. But they really missed the ball when they allowed lines on different layers to intersect automatically.
    Even groups interfere with each other. Useful sometimes but generally a bit of a pain.

Of course you can always do the group yourself, knowing as you do that any overlapping lines will interfere with each other (-: Not a lot of advanced users like yourself around.

3. JustinTime

JustinTime Veteran
    Builder

I be damned, I can't reproduce it, even on my original drawing. For some reason now it works just like I expect it to work. Maybe shutting down SketchUp and restarting it fixed something.

David the swarfer likes this.
  4. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

That is how I fix everything. That is my only IT skill.

JustinTime likes this.