Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

GRBL Command to move WCS origin

Discussion in 'CAM' started by DaveySLP, Jan 9, 2020.

1. DaveySLP

DaveySLP New
    Builder

Hi everyone, have been doing a lot of work on my new workbee and getting used to adjusting the code! I have a question as I've been running single piece projects from fusion360. I'd like to edit the G-code so that I can take the code for one part, shift the WCS (in the program) and then have the machine generate the same part alongside it (for the purpose of creating a mult-part single program) without having to move the WCS myself once the single part program has finished. I know G52 can do this, but this isn't supported by GRBL (as I found our!). Does anyone know the GRBL equivalent? For example, I wish to move the WCS by 220mm in the +ve X direction, in G2, this is just G52 X220, but need the GRBL one :).

Thanks so much in advance :)

D :)

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

In Grbl (or any control that adheres to GCODE standards) you can change Work Offset with the G10L2 command

See G Codes

(; thats for example what we use for the SETZERO buttons in OpenBuildsCONTROL: OpenBuilds/OpenBuilds-CONTROL

#2 Peter Van Der Walt, Jan 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  3. DaveySLP

DaveySLP New
    Builder

Thanks for this, I did try it but it didn't work for some reason, the open builds interface only showed one part in the 3D rendering? I used the G54 command instead by itself and this worked ok and shows two parts in the rendering. I did notice that the coordinate system was initialized with G54 at the beginning of the code and I thought that's why the G10 didn't work, but removing it didn't make any difference... Any ideas? No worries of not as the G54 seems to do the job just fine :)