Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Gantry Style CNC from plywood

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by C-CNC, Nov 1, 2018.

1. C-CNC

C-CNC New
    Builder

@GeoffH I am opting for 0.02-0.04mm precision on the accuracy of the whole system ... It's a bit optimistic for a wooden CNC but I always have high hopes

2. C-CNC

C-CNC New
    Builder

What do you mean with "Beauty Star" is it a supplier/brand/... ?

I have opened one of the drives and found out that there isn't a TB6600 chip inside... Instead there is a TB67S109AFTG inside which got similar ratings... I have ran a test at still 1/4 (800steps/rev) microstepping which resulted in following errors (roughly):
    -50% +- 0.01mm
    -40% +- 0.02mm
    -10% +- 0.05mm

IMG_20190814_204939.jpg IMG_20190814_205408.jpg

Video to one of the tests...(the sound is a bit lousy because it's recorded with a toaster ;) when you hear nothing it's running Y or Z axis moves like ramping in and out or so)
    ___WA.mp4

Attached Files:

#32 C-CNC, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  3. C-CNC

C-CNC New
    Builder

I have found a seller on amazon that hat quite a good page on TB6600 and confirms that there is a TB6600 chip built in.. I won't by the yet but if my drivers doesn't work and the a4988 are overloaded or even fried by the 2Amp motors I would buy them (In case you really don't suggest that / suggest a better supplier / suggest other drivers (I don't like to buy drivers for 40€ each :zipit:)

4. Rob Taylor

Rob Taylor Master
    Builder

I buy the three-pack from Amazon, yeah: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B077MDVTF9/ - Great performance and run cool at 24V.

Beauty Star/MYSWEETY/etc, they're all basically the same. Just make sure the reviews are legit to trust the rating. It's usually pretty easy to tell with technical stuff whether they're actually using the things and know what they're talking about or not.

C-CNC likes this.
  5. C-CNC

C-CNC New
    Builder

Unfortunately they don't ship to Germany... But I now bought those ones I posted before...(pray for me that these work)

#35 C-CNC, Aug 16, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019