Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Gantry crashes into corner when starting any job

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Jose LR, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Jose LR

Jose LR New
    Builder

I just finished building a Workbee 1510 (my first CNC) but when I tried running a job (hello world) the x and y-axis crash into the sides without limit switches. I even tried running different job presets but they all do the same thing. I've also noticed that whenever I use incremental jog it moves way more than it should. For example, when I want to jog the x or y-axis 1" it will move 9 3/8" instead. The z-axis also happens to be 1/4" off. I made sure that the grbl settings were set to the Workbee 1510 preset multiple times so I'm 80% sure that's not the source of the problem. If it matters I do have the high torque stepper motors installed on this machine

I've tried going into the grbl settings to fix these problems, by lowering the steps per millimeters to 26.6 I was able to fix the incremental jog problem but the feed rate of the machine was decreased severely. I decided to try enabling soft limits in the grbl setting at one point to see if I could run the "Hello World" job, I was me with a grbl alarm message stating "G-code motion target exceeds machine travel".

I'd appreciate any help I can get, Thanks!

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Kit from OpenBuilds?
    What controller are you running?
    Anything else different from the official setup?
    Remembered to click Save and then Reset when prompted when loading the profile?

Still sounds like Grbl settings isnt saved. That alarm relates to too small values in Max Travel under Grbl Settings

Go to the Serial console, send "$$" and copy paste the log here

#2 Peter Van Der Walt, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  3. Jose LR

Jose LR New
    Builder

Ok I seem to got it working, the problem was that it the Workbee settings weren’t being saved. There goes my 80%, anyways thanks for helping a novice lime myself. :)

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.