Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Fusion 360 API Error

Discussion in 'CAD' started by DonnieM70, Sep 29, 2024.

1. DonnieM70

DonnieM70 New
    Builder

I have recently updated my CNC Plasma table with the Openbuilds X32 controller.
    I recently (Yesterday 9/28/2024) uploaded the Openbuilds Post file, as per the documentation. When I closed Fusion and reopened it, I received the following error:
    upload_2024-9-29_16-52-2.png
    I tested the post and it compiled a gcode. I have not tried it on my plasma table yet. I am still refining a few details before I make my first cuts.
    I am posting here because I know Fusion recently performed an update. I don't want to be chasing my tail of there is some sort of issue.
    Has anyone experienced any issues with the Post file in the updated Fusion 360?

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Its a different add-in thats complaining, read the onscreen error: the OpenBOM plugin by Newman Cloud. Not us.
    OpenBOM ᐈ Bill of Materials, Cloud PDM, PLM, BOM, inventory, engineering and manufacturing SaaS platform

Not everything with Open in its name is OpenBuilds :)

upload_2024-9-30_7-43-37.png

Exactly, and newer Fusion incompatible with old OpenBOM plugin you have installed, maybe just need to update it; or uninstall it if its not needed or reach out to their support team for help with their product

David the swarfer likes this.