Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

FoxAlien Masuter Pro and OpenBuilds Control Firmware Issue

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by TheRossClan, May 27, 2023.

1. TheRossClan

Builder

I believe OpenBuilds Control should work with the FoxAlien Masuter Pro stock controller, but when I try to connect, it gives the error message seen in my attached screen shot (taken after I disconnected) that no supported firmware is detected. I can send through Candle, but I really do not want to use Candle if I can avoid it. FoxAlien is awful with support documentation and they have no information on firmware. Do I need to use the Firmware Flashing Tool under the Wizards and Tools menu to make this work? Screenshot 2023-05-27 195629.png

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

CONTROL is for use with controllers running Grbl 1.1f or later, including grblHAL.

If you need a compatible controller, check out the BlackBox X32 at openbuildspartstore.com or see https://docs.openbuilds.com/blackbox-x32

3. TheRossClan

Builder

Thank you, Peter. I'm still dinking with this unit to see if it will even be something I want to keep. The X32 has been on my wish list for a couple months as I look at upgrading or replacing this Masuter Pro.

Since FoxAlien cannot seem to share pertinent information on their systems, do you (by chance) know if using the Firmware Flashing Tool in Control would work on this unit? I suspect not since it closes the connection as soon as it determines that the firmware is not supported.

4. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team

I am curious if you can connect with the Arduino IDE and flash it with grbl via that.

5. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team

Depends what chip it has, what pinout, what current firmware. Its either a Grbl board... Or not